We've made a little progress with nursery projects. Picked out paint and cut crown molding, just waiting for the rain to go away we so can get everything painted and installed.
I've used this down time to work on a couple of sewing projects. First up, a special bassinet for Baby O. My mother-in-law gave us the bassinet Eric slept in when he was a baby. It's 30 years old, but still in great condition, just needed a little updating.
As you can imagine, this isn't quite what Eric had in mind for his son. It may be yellow, but he didn't think eyelet and lace counted as gender neutral.
I found some great navy blue home dec fabric at Joann's on clearance for a great deal and got to work updating the bassinet. The liner looks brand new so I was able to remove the lace tiers and reuse the inside instead of constructing something from scratch.
Here is the after.
A perfect place for the bulldog from Grandpa and Grandma!
I added four pleats to give it some detail without making it too girly.
Once we decide on a final theme for the nursery I will be making a few fitted sheets for the little mattress and a little pillow to go inside. Of course the pillow will just be for looks as we won't use it when he's in there.
Can't wait to show you what else we have in store!